1n 1871 at age 15 she married Thomas Jefferson Gilley. Thomas was born 31-Oct-1848 and is the seventh child of George Gilley and Pheriba Davis.
According to the 1910 census, Thomas and Elizabeth had 13 children of which 8 were living in 1910. (Reported by Thomas, as he was a widower in 1910)
The known children are as follows.
1. Lydia Gilley, 24-Dec-1871 to 05-Apr 1925, wife of Asa C. Koone.
2. Thomas Jefferson Gilley, 18-May-1874 to 23-Oct-1962, husband of Ila Dobie.
3. M.F. Gilley, 1877 to Oct-1879, died as a young child.
4. Elpheus Gilley, Aug 1878 to ?
5. Virginia Gilley, 1879 to ?
6. Ida Malora Gilley, 1881 to 11-Apr-1969, wife of Robert A. Hightower.
7. Wilma Lavonia Gilley, 07-Sep-1882 to 10-Jan-1970, wife of William Charles Fowler.
8. Elbert Cornelius Gilley, 29-Oct-1884 to 03-Jan-1961, husband of Vera Simpler.
9. Grover Cleveland Gilley, 10-Nov-1886 to 15-Dec-1978, husband of Catherine Johnson. Second marriage to Marie Melissa Carley.
10. Nolia Mae Gilley, Apr-1892 to 01-Jul-1950, wife of Robert Henry Darby.
11. Charles C. Gilley, 21-Jan-1895 to 28-May-1935, thought to have never married.
After they married, Thomas and Elizabeth made their home in the Barnes Creek area of Calcasieu Parish, LA. Sometime between 1892 and 1895 the family moved to the El Campo area of Wharton County, Texas. El Campo is located about 70 miles southwest of Houston, Texas.
In 1898 Thomas purchased land in El Campo, Texas and sold the land in 1912. The current address of this property is 612 E Hillje, El Campo Texas, which is a vacant lot. It is unknown if the family once resided on this lot. If anyone is interested, I have a copy of the deeds which I can email.
Elizabeth died between 1900 and 1910. The date and location of Elizabeth’s death is not known. Some believe she is buried in El Campo others feel she died in San Antonio. After Elizabeth’s death, Thomas lived near his children in San Antonio, Texas and then in Los Angles California. Thomas died 02-Jul-1926 and is buried in San Gabriel Cemetery in Los Angeles County, CA.
The following family photo was provided by Laurie Sutton who is a direct descendant of Thomas and Elizabeth Gilley. Photo circa 1897.
Back row L-R, Ida, Ephesus?, Thomas Jefferson Jr., Wilma
Center Row L-R, Elizabeth, Grover, Thomas Jefferson Sr.
Front Row L-R, Charles (in lap), Nolia, Elbert
 Year: 1900; Census Place: Justice Precinct 5, Wharton, Texas; Roll: 1678; Page: 11B; Enumeration District: 0059; FHL microfilm: 1241678.
 Year: 1910; Census Place: San Antonio Ward 1, Bexar, Texas; Roll: T624_1531; Page: 13A; Enumeration District: 0005; FHL microfilm: 1375544.
 Wharton County, TX deed book Volume W, page 149, Volume 32 page 423.